Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011 - Down Under

There's nothing as enjoyable as the squealing peals of kids on All Hallows Eve.  I cannot be too shy to say that my enthusiasm for Halloween has become a viral epidemic in my small suburb.  I have been a grubby canibal hedge witch 3 years ago, a twilight style ancient and glamorous vampire last year, but this year was declared my best performance yet.



Here I am as dead zombified Haitian witch.  I did not whiten my face too much.  Being olive skinned, I simply used a shade paler foundation and dusted plain flour over the top (as I couldn't find any cornflour in the pantry).  In the end the plain flour created a better look.  My face was a bit cracked and flaky and it made my complexion look rather coarse.  This was perfect.  Here is a list of the makeup involved in this look:

Foundation: Almay Truly Lasting Colour in Sand 06
Contouring: NYX Runway Collection in Jazz Night - Matt Black
Eyes: MAC Mystical Mist, MAC Beauty Marked, NYX Runway Collection Palette in Jazz Night, Lancome Le Crayon Kohl Waterproof Liner Pencil in Raisin Noir, W7 Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Nose: NYX Runway Collection Palette in Jazz Night - Gold (highlighting), Matt black (contouring)
Lips: MAC Creme Stick Liner in Velvetella, NYX Felt Tip Liner Jet Black, Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in 071 Pure White

The wig was a cheap $2 shop Morticia type with bright green strips (which I pulled to the back).  A full black wig would have been better.  Also, I accidentally stuck myself in the eye with a Yucca leaf in the morning, while gardening.  Funnily enough this added to the look, by making that eye horribly and naturally bloodshot!  My eyes were hideous. :-)


I hope you all looked really scary too and if you want any further info on how to create this look, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment